The temperatures are rising and with kids returning home for the summer we want you to dive into fun with a few water games. If you happen to have a little one’s birthday in the summer months, you might find this particularly useful! Read on for five great ideas on how to make a splash with your kids this season!
- Melissa & Doug toy Line : Melissa and Doug never have a shortage of amazing ideas and quality toys. We have pool toys, water safe gear, and why not try their super fun sprinkler?
2. Slip and Slide: You can’t beat a classic slip and slide! They are available for purchase at most local retailers, but try this DIY version to make you slip and slide custom! Pair your slip and slide with a few of the Melissa and Doug toys for the ultimate outdoor experience.
3. Water balloon bean bag: This Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch toy is for bean bags, but why not fill a few water balloons and give those a try for a little splash of fun!
4. A ball boost to the standard kiddie pool: Adding toys like pit balls or a slide to a standard kiddie pool takes it to the next level. Get creative but play it safe! No battery operated or water damaging toys should be used.
5. Swimming Pool Scrabble: Toddlerappoved.com has developed a great idea for a pool game that helps keep your kids brain in shape on summer vacation. Using colorful sponges with hand written letters – toss them into a pool and get busy spelling!
Always remember to watch kids around water and play safely!
We also carry swimming suits and swim shoes at both our Ames and Ankeny Duck Worth Wearing stores. Come in and visit us soon as inventory changes daily!