Despite the below freezing temperatures, we are only months away from brighter and warmer days. Spring consignment is welcome now. We also have a ton of sales with Dollar days, our bag sale, as well as our everyday low prices you will want to stop in to take advantage of. Read on to find out more!
Ames & Ankeny Location Events
Thousands of items marked down to $1 and sales throughout the store.
Thursday January 25th through Sunday January 28th
Duck Worth Wearing Ames & Ankeny
Fill a bag of sale items and pay only $5 for the whole bag!
Sunday January 28th through Tuesday January 30th
Duck Worth Wearing Ankeny & Ames, Iowa
We have a new event in Downtown Ames called DIY (Do It Yourself) Saturday!
Downtown Ames businesses will offer classes and instruction for hands on projects you can make and take. Learn several new crafts and skills all in one fun-filled afternoon!
We want to extend the DIY Saturday to include our Ankeny location. We will be doing Melissa and Doug crafts for all ages at both of our locations!
At The Loft in Ames we will be teaching you how to turn old t-shirts into awesome headbands and hair ties! All materials will be provided.
Saturday, February 24th
Duck Worth Wearing in Ankeny & Main Street in Ames
● Accepting Spring Clothing: We are now accepting short sleeve shirts, 3/4 sleeve shirts, rain jackets, jeans, pants, capris, light jackets, athletic wear, Easter dresses, dress shoes, soccer & baseball gear, and swimsuits. Click here for more informaiton.
● Reminders: When bringing in toys, especially while clearing out for Christmas, make sure all the toys are cleaned, have all the pieces, and have working batteries. Please put toys with multiple pieces in their own separate bag to show that it is all one set – otherwise we will not be able to accept those items.
● Discontinuing Holds: We will no longer be accepting holds. You may purchase through our new website or over the phone and we will then reserve your item with payment. We do allow returns, so you may always purchase and later return if you decide you no longer need the item. This keeps everything fair for both customers and consignors.
● Returns: All items have to be returned to the store they were originally purchased. Ames purchases will only be able to be returned in Ames, and the same goes for our Ankeny location. All returns will only be accepted up to two weeks from original purchase date.
● Toys, books, and equipment are always welcome at Duck Worth Wearing!
No consignment is accepted on Sundays
Hot Product Alerts!
Melissa & Doug ~ This toy line is fully stocked and ready for your shopping needs. Check out our inventory of product designed to help your child be the designer! Get creative today!
Until we Meet Again
Thank you for taking time to read our news. We are committed to make this the best year yet at Duck Worth Wearing, and we can’t wait to keep sharing our one of a kind products with our one of kind shoppers. Follow us on Facebook in Ames or Ankeny to keep tabs on the newest items entering the Ames and Ankeny stores! Don’t forget you can now conveniently shop directly from our website!
Thank you for your business, and as always for shopping local!