Get your knock knock jokes ready because it’s almost time for Halloween! Need a little help with your costumes this year? No problem! Stop in to either Duck Worth Wearing locations and see what we have in stock. We’ve got a ton of fall event, fun for the entire family! Read on to learn more!
Ames Location Events
Enjoy all there is to eat and drink in downtown Ames! Over a dozen downtown restaurants and bars will offer special prices, unique entrees, and great drink options.
– Aunt Maude’s
– Bar La Tosca
– Cafe Diem
– Chocolaterie Stam
– Della Viti
– Downtown Deli
– Great Harvest Bread Co.
– Great Plains Sauce & Pizza Dough Co.
– The Grove Cafe
– Little Woods Herbal
– London Underground
– Olde Main Brewing Co.
– Smiles Food Carts
– Wheatsfield Cooperative
– Whiskey River
This community event is presented by The Loft and Cafe Diem and supported by Stoltze & Stoltze Family Dentistry, Vision Bank, Scott Richardson State Farm Insurance, Della Viti, and Gilger Designs. Dine Downtown Ames is a participant in the Main Street Iowa Restaurant Week.
Main Street Ames, IA
Live polka music, dancing, great German food, Guten Tag, and much more! Beer will be sold by the glass from 1-10 pm with a special craft beer sampling through tickets until 5 pm.
Main Street Ames, IA
$10 Admission in advance $12 at the gate!
All persons under 21 must be accompanied by a parent.
Main Street Trick or Treat
Are you a fan of trick or treating? Or maybe your kids are! Trick or Treating in Downtown Ames is always a fun, family friendly event. Our friendly businesses in Downtown Ames get to enjoy an afternoon with the kids,.
October 26th 10 am- 2 pm
Main Street, Ames Iowa
●Halloween costumes will be accepted at both Duck Worth Wearing locations starting September 1st. We will stop accepting Halloween costumes on October 15th.
●Winter consignment begins October 1st. These items include; long sleeve shirts, winter coats and boots, closed toe shoes and boots, heavy sweaters/ cardigans, jeans, pants, and snow gear.
●Christmas and holiday clothing consignment will also begin on October 1st
● Reminders: When bringing in toys, make sure all the toys are cleaned, have all the pieces, and have working batteries. Please put toys with multiple pieces in their own separate bag to show that it is all one set – otherwise we will not be able to accept those items.
● Discontinuing Holds: We will no longer be accepting holds. You may purchase through our new website or over the phone and we will then reserve your item with payment. We do allow returns, so you may always purchase and later return if you decide you no longer need the item. This keeps everything fair for both customers and consignors.
● Returns: All items have to be returned to the store they were originally purchased. Ames purchases will only be able to be returned in Ames, and the same goes for our Ankeny location. All returns will only be accepted up to two weeks from original purchase date.
● Toys, books, and equipment are always welcome at Duck Worth Wearing!
No consignment is accepted on Sundays
If you are not already, take a moment and follow us on Facebook & Instagram. You will not be sorry!
Stop by and grab your kid a new toy or two, but don’t forget about you! From strollers to carriers, we have everything mom needs. Check out our new inventory at your closest Duck Worth Wearing location or even shop online!
Until we Meet Again
Thank you for taking time to read our news. We can’t wait to keep sharing our one of a kind products with our one of kind shoppers. Follow us on Facebook in Ames or Ankeny to keep tabs on the newest items entering the Ames and Ankeny stores! Don’t forget you can now conveniently shop directly from our website!
Thank you for your business, and as always for shopping local!